Welcome to Veterinary Associates of Westville
Veterinary Associates of Westville, in New Haven, CT, is an outpatient veterinary clinic founded by Dr. Robert Aldrich in 1974. At the clinic we do wellness examinations as well as see patients for illness or injury. We are affiliated with The Central Hospital for Veterinary Medicine Inc. at 4 Devine Street in North Have where emergency and intensive care are available 24 hours daily. At Central a large group of veterinarians, specialists, and certified veterinary technicians are always there to provide care for our more critically ill patients. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet.
We are located at 1292 Whalley Ave. in the western section of New Haven at the corner of Whalley Ave. and Davis Street. Parking is available in the rear of the building. We service the New Haven, Woodbridge, Hamden, Orange, West Haven, and Bethany areas. Our phone number is 203-387-6648. You can reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
During the Covid 19 crises we are scheduling appointments only by phone.
Click here to visit our online pharmacy
Covid19 Office procedures:
- Call the office to determine if your pet needs to be seen.
- If you need to come in, call the office when you arrive in the parking lot.
- One of our staff will bring your pet into the office for an exam. During the pandemic we are not allowing clients into the office.
- The doctor will call you to discuss the exam findings and to review a diagnostic and treatment plan.
- A staff member will take payment over the phone - credit or debit card.
- We will bring your pet back to the car with any medicine needed.
The Central Hospital has moved to 4 Devine St., North Haven. It is convenient from both the Wilbur Cross Parkway (exit 62) and from I 91 (exit 10). It takes 11 minutes to get to the new location from the office. There is plenty of parking.
We suggest microchipping your pet. Twenty five percent of pets get lost sometime during their lifetime. The microchips are registered with a national registry, so you can be assured that support staff is on duty 24 hours daily. Almost all shelters have scanners to check lost pets.